Wednesday, November 21, 2007

how long to cook a turkey

little Thanksgiving humor, brought to you by the 2nd graders at the elementary school in regard to Turkey cooking time and how long to cook a Thanksgiving Turkey.

When asked how to prepare a turkey dinner, a class of 2nd graders provided the following strategies:

- Get a turkey from the store. Put it in the microwave. Cook it for four minutes. Feel it to see if it's hot or cold. Have potatoes. Put them in the oven for a little bit, like 3 minutes. Have those crunchy sticks filled with chocolate for dessert. Have some drinks, like milk and water. That's a lot of stuff.

- First you go and buy the turkey from the store. Put it in the oven. Set the oven at 400 degrees. Cook it for an hour. Make mashed potatoes. To make gravy, put the mix and some water in a pan. Have sparkling cider. Set the table with plates, napkins and silverware.

- Stuff the turkey with stuffing. Stuffing is made of green onions and small pieces of potatoes, and some green stuff. Green pepper, maybe? That's pretty much how my mom makes the stuffing. Put it in the stove for at least four or five minutes. Make mashed potatoes with gravy, biscuits, and this dessert. I think it's called crab cake. We usually have Sprite for soda, but my sisters like orange Kool-Aid.

- Make mashed potatoes and rolls. Put the turkey in an oven. Set it at nine degrees. It takes like half an hour to cook. Make more food, like hot dogs and sausage. Get a tablecloth and set the table. Have cherry pie for dessert. That's MY favorite dessert.

- Put it in the oven. Leave it sit for awhile, like 20 minutes. The oven should be at 15 degrees. Make mashed potatoes, rice, and chicken. Have water to drink. Decorate your house with Thanksgiving lights. Maybe you could have pop to drink.

- Hunt the turkey, or buy it. Put it in water. Put some lemons in it. Take it out. Dry it (of course). Grill it in the stove for half an hour on "Medium." Put the stuffing in it. Make it out of rice and Russian meat. Put some Russian mayonnaise on it. Put it in the turkey. Put it on the plate and put it on the table. Have some pyrogies and potatoes. Have cake for dessert. And ice cream. Decorate your house with turkeys.

- You need to go get the turkey at the store. Stuff it with stuffing. If you don't have stuffing, use potatoes. Have some fruit and vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower, celery and carrots. Lettuce, too. You should have some meat, like roast beef, steak and salt horse. Have something to drink, like water and wine. Beer, too. Put some candles up.

- Put the turkey in a pan. Turn the stove on kind of in the middle, like 20 degrees. Start cooking the turkey. Cook it for five minutes. Make stuffing, and pumpkin pie. Make the stuffing out of tomatoes. Make Jell-O. You should put chocolate chips in the pumpkin pie. Put whipped cream on it.

- Go to a store to find a turkey. Put it in a pan and cook it up for thirty or four minutes. Set the oven at "Hot-Hot." Make stuffing. Get some rice and get some meat and mix it up. Make a roast. It's easy. Get some potatoes, carrots and put the roast in the middle. Have a smoothie for dessert. Get a cornucopia for the center of the table. Decorate your chairs with ribbons.

- Cook it on the stove. Heat the stove up so the turkey can cook. Heat it up to 20 degrees. It takes 20 minutes. Get the mashed potatoes ready. Cook the gravy for it. It's made from salt, water and brown dye. Have cranberries, sweet mashed potatoes, and some biscuits. Have pumpkin pie for dessert. Be sure to have some butter for the biscuits.

- You should go to Safeway to get a turkey. Cook it on the stove. Turn it on to really, really hot, like 50 degrees. It takes three and a half hours to cook. Make something to eat with it, like green bean casserole and mashed potatoes.

- Okay. Put it in the oven for about half an hour. Set the oven on "Medium." If that doesn't work out, try "Low." Make cranberry sauce. Take a piece of turkey and dunk it in cranberry sauce. It tastes really good. Make mashed potatoes and gravy. Gravy is made out of salt and powder. Mix them both together and put a lot of hot water in them. Put it on the stove for about 5-20 minutes. The setting is on "Low." It's been a long time since I made a turkey dinner. The pie that my family loves is cranberry pie. Take the cranberries. Take that thing that you mash potatoes. Be sure to wash it first, of course. Mash them until they're a liquid. Let them sit for a little while in the fridge, until they're semi-cold. Make the dough. Take it and put it in a pie-shaped pan. Take the cranberry sauce out and pour it in until it's semi-full. Do some more dough on top and pop it in the oven for an hour. Set it on "Medium." Drinks. My family loves pop and apple juice. We make that ourselves. Take some apples. Take the stem out. Smash the apples. Let it sit in the fridge to make it semi-cold, like the cranberries. Pour the juice into the bowl. Put a couple of doses of sugar in. Mix them all together. Sip it. When it tastes really sweet, make a couple of jugs of it. We like biscuits, too. If it doesn't work out, it's because I haven't made dinner in a long time.

- You need to get a turkey. Cook it in the oven for 13 minutes. Cook mashed potatoes and salad. Dust some things before the company comes over, and put some flowers on the table. - Find a turkey in the forest. Shoot it. Bake it for half an hour. Make corn, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. It's made out of bread and vegetables. Set the table. Have pumpkin pie and ice cream for dessert.

- You can buy a turkey or you can hunt for a turkey. Put stuffing in it. Stuffing is cotton balls. It's squishy. You can put it in the oven. Set the oven at 20 degrees. Cook it for half an hour. Make mashed potatoes, rice, and rolls. You can set up the table. Put all the dishes on the table so they're all ready. Take the turkey out of the oven. It's done when it's white-brown and dark brown. Taste it and see if it's delicious.

- Buy a turkey. Go home and cook it for a minimum of 10 minutes. The oven should be… not that cold. Put the stove on "Hot," about 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Make potatoes, gravy and corn. When you cook it, don't put it on "Boiling Hot."

- You should find a turkey at a farm. Kill it, and skin it. Cut all the fat off of it. Slice it up, and then you can eat it. But first you have to warm it up. Warm it up in the microwave for about one minute. Make the table and take the turkey out. Make the sauce to go on it… gravy! Have buns frosted with icing. Maybe make some beans and corn, too.

- Go buy a turkey at the store. Pay for it. Take it home and put it in the oven. But first make a hole in it and get out all the yucky blood. Put the stuff that you eat in the hole. It's made with bread. The colors can be green or yellow or brown. Stuffing! Put it in the oven for an hour or four hours. Set it at 6 degrees. When it's done and it beeps, take it out
We get in the car and go visit my family in Toledo, Ohio. Grandma gets the turkey. My grandma puts the turkey in the oven for 30 hours. Grandma makes corn, mashed potatoes, cake and to drink we have Kool-Aid. ?Kayla Aaron

You go to the farm and get a turkey. Papa and Dad clean the turkey. Then grandma cooks the turkey. She puts the turkey in a pan and puts it in the oven for 4 minutes. My grandma also makes macaroni and cheese. Then we eat. ?B> Sara Brindamour

ADVERTISEMENT

We go to the store and get the turkey. Then my dad puts it on the stove for 21 hours. My dad cuts it, and puts it on a plate so we can eat it! We have mashed potatoes with it too. ?Angelia Burrows

We go to the store and get the turkey. We come home and my mom puts the turkey in the oven for 10 minutes. She puts the pickles on the table. My mom also makes mashed potatoes with milk. We dig into the turkey. Then we play games. And then I sleep on the couch with my dog. ?Semya Doxtator

My mom and dad get the turkey. Then mom stuffs the turkey with stuff. Then it goes into the oven at 21 degrees for 5o hours. We also get to have potatoes, cranberries, and cherry pie. And then we eat! We play games and I always win. ?Maria Gasparotto

I think we buy a turkey. Then my mom cooks the turkey at 800 degrees for 1 hour. Then I get to eat a leg of the turkey. Then I go to bed. ?Jace Gerlach

We go to my Grandma's house and she makes the turkey. She puts it in the oven for 1 hour on medium heat. We get to have mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit, and we get milk to drink. My whole family comes over to my Grandma's house. ?Casey Hett

My nana gets the turkey from Meijer's and takes it home. Then she puts it into a pot and cooks it for 20 minutes. Nana and I make mashed potatoes and corn. We decorate with turkeys and a tablecloth on the long table. Then we wait for some of our guests to come. Then we get to eat! ?Giselle Hickman

We go to the fruit market to get the turkey. My mom puts the turkey in the oven for 30 minutes, the oven is very hot! It is 80 degrees. We have mashed potatoes and green beans. And we have chicken with hot sauce and macaroni too. Everybody comes over for a party! ?Melonie James

You go shopping and get a turkey. You then take it home and cook it. You put it in the oven and cook it for 5 minutes and the oven is very hot! We also have a vegetable. Then we eat. ?Ryan Johnson

I get my turkey from a store. We take it home and put sugar, ketchup and chicken in it. Then we put it in the oven for 2 minutes. And then the smoke detector goes on. Then your take out the turkey and you cook the rest of the dinner. Then you eat! ?Kevin Lee

My Dad gets a real turkey. The he puts it in the oven. He cooks it for like 10 minutes. Then he takes out the turkey. Then he takes the butter and puts it on the turkey. The he puts the turkey on the table. Then we eat. ?Colin Lemere

You go outside and get your turkey. You cut it up. You put it on the grill and cook it until it's done. It just takes a few minutes. You then can make some french fries. We have milk. Then you eat dinner! Sometimes we eat outside. ?Mitchell Maxwell

My dad gets the turkey from my grandpa. Then my dad cooks it in the oven for about 1 hour. It is really, really hot. Then we get to make mashed potatoes, veggies, and bread. And then we get to have ice cream after dinner. We go to my aunt's house all the time. ?Emily Darnell

We go to the store and get the turkey. We take it home, and my mom put it in the oven and heats it up! When the stove beeps we take the turkey out and we start to eat it! We also get to have baked corn, chicken and steak and after dinner we get to have apple pie! And I play with my friends that are there. ?Madalynne Moore

You go to the market and get the turkey and stuffing. You take it home and start cooking it. You put it in the oven on very hot, and cook it for 5 minutes. Then we get to eat it! We also have mashed potatoes. We get cranberry sauce! My family eats together. ?Rachel Much

My mom buys a turkey. She takes it home and puts in the oven that is very hot. I don't know how long she cooks it. Then she makes some stuff so we can have dinner. Then we eat! ?Thomas Mulhall

We go to Wal-Mart and get a turkey. Then you take it home and cook it in the oven for 8 hours. We get to make mashed potatoes. We also have bread with butter and after dinner we get to have pumpkin pie! After dinner we cake and ice cream too. And fruit salad with raspberries. ?Kyle Samluk

We go to the store and get the turkey. We take it home and cook it! We put it into the oven for 20 minutes. We also have potatoes, carrots, bread and butter, cranberries and after dinner we have ice cream and cake. When everything is on the table we all sit down to eat! ?Alaina Sharkey

We get up in the morning and go to my Auntie's house for a very nice turkey dinner. ?Zy'Toria Snaden - Butler

We go to my grandma's house. She gets a turkey from Costco. My grandma puts stuffing inside the turkey, and then she puts the turkey in the oven for 25 minutes. We also have corn, butter potatoes, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream! I have 2 Grandmas that come. ?Sadie Storm

We go to a store and buy a turkey. We take it home and shove it into the oven for 12 minutes. We also have meat loaf with it. My sister makes potatoes and noodles. My mom makes stuffing, cranberries and apple pie! When the turkey is done we take it out and we all sit and eat. After dinner we make cards, kites and big paper people. ?Carson Swadling

My mom and dad cook the turkey. They put it in the oven and roast it. We also have potato salad, corn, and they make stuffing. My dad sets the table and then we eat. ?Anthony Tundo

Mrs. Hartigan's Class

Make the head, Turn on the Oven, Take it out of the oven & eat it. ?Joey Back

Buy a turkey at the store, cook it, take it out of the oven & everyone eats it. ?B> Olivia VanDussen

Go get one, cook it in the bottom of the stove, take it out, put it on the table & eat it up! ?Drake Wang

Go out in the yard and grab a turkey, put it in a pan in the oven, put on the timer for 10 minutes, take it out of the oven when the timer goes off, serve it & eat it. ?B> Paulina Legakis

Get a turkey from the store, cook it on the grill, take it off and put in on the plate & eat it. ?B> Joslyn Debruijn

Get a turkey from the store, bring it home and fry it in the oven, take it out and put it on the table, and everyone eats it. ?B> Demisa Casas

Get a turkey from the Market, go home and put the stuff on it, cook it in the microwave, take it out and eat it. ?Justin Nelson

Get a turkey from Meijer, put salt & pepper on it, cook it on the grill, take it off when it is done, cut pieces for everyone, put it on their plate and eat it. ?Marisa Antonio

Get a turkey from the store, cook it, put gravy on it, cut it, & eat it. ?Faith Delgado

Get a turkey from the store, bring it home, warm it up, cut it & eat it. ?Marc Henderson

Rot it out, put it in the oven, take it out after 2 hours, cut it up, put it on the plate, take it to the table, call Mom & Dad, eat the turkey. ?David Elrite

Get a turkey from Meijer, go back home, cook it in a pot for about 20 minutes, take it out, bring it to Mom & Dad and they will eat it. ?Ashley Cox

Get a turkey at the store, make carrots, make tomatoes, cook the turkey in the oven for 15 minutes, take it out to cool down, slice it in half and eat it. ?Elise Wills

Buy a turkey from Bucsh's, put it in a pan, put garlic on it, put some seasonings on it and cook it on the stove, take it off, set the table, and eat it! ?Lauren Wright

Click the turkey so you get it on the screen, put candles on the table, get some broccoli, get cookies and milk, take the turkey out of the oven and put in on the table, then it is time to cut it and eat it. ?Elijah Beasley

Get a turkey from the store, put it in a pan, flip it over, leave it for a couple minutes on the stove, take it off the pan and put it in a dish and eat it! ?Christian Iaconis

Go to Walmart and get a turkey, put it in the oven at 100 degrees for 40 seconds, take it out and cut it up, put on some flavored stuff to make it good, put it back in the oven at 50 degrees so you can melt the stuff, then you eat it. ?Gwyneth Schreiner

Go hunting in the woods to get a turkey, if you see it, try to shoot it and bring it home. Cut the turkey open, and cut pieces to put in the oven for 9 or 10 minutes, take it out and eat it for dinner. ?B> Olivia Shifferd

Buy a turkey at Meijer, cut the fat off, juice it, cook it in the oven at 180 degrees for 1 hour, after 1/2 and hour, juice it again, take it out of the oven, and eat it. ?Greg Jowett

Get a turkey from the farm, go home, bake it at 9 degrees for 40 hours, put some cheese on it, take it out of the oven, set the table, cut the turkey, put it on plates with the bone and eat it. ?Aaron Caicco

Get a turkey from the turkey store, put it in the oven for about 3 or 4 or 5 minutes, wrap it up, and save it for turkey day. ?Christian Chatman

Mrs. Pennington's class:

I eat turkey with a fork. Mom gets the turkey at Meijer's. She cooks it on the stove, really hot. It takes a long time. I like big turkeys. I play with my toys after dinner. My Grandma comes over to share dinner. So does my sister. ?Olivia Decoster

We eat the turkey at home. My Mom cooks it and we like it. My Grandma and Grampa and my cousins come over. My mom sets the turkey at the table. I don't know how she cooks it. We eat stuffing with the turkey. ?Julia Vess

Sometimes we go to the store and get our turkey. And sometimes Dad hunts turkeys. We cook it in the oven. Mom cooks it for 30 minutes, maybe. We go and play after dinner with our cousins. We eat chicken too. ?Andrew Young

My Dad cooks our turkey. He buys it from Wal-Mart. He cooks it on the stove for a long time. He cooks it really hot. We eat mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, some ice cream. When we're done we actually wash the dishes together. My Daddy does the washing, me and Mommy do the drying, and Brianna does the washing all the soap off. Then we like to play outside after that. And we have some fun. ?Angel Woods

You need a turkey. We go up north in the woods and hunt for turkey. Then we go to our home and we cook it. We cook it in a pan. We put a pan in the fireplace, and then put the turkey in the pan. We cook it for 8 minutes. We put salt and pepper on it. We eat fruit and popcorn and sugar with it. Then we go up north with our whole family and hunt down some more turkeys and do it all over again. ?Luke Haiser

I think we buy our turkey at Meijer. We invite my cousins and grandparents over. We eat dinner in the dining room. My Dad cooks the turkey on the grill. It takes an hour to cook. We eat peas and carrots and beef too. I like to go on the farm for Thanksgiving.

?Ben Currie

My Mom and I buy the turkey. She cooks it on the oven. It's steaming hot. I eat the legs. My Dad's mom comes to dinner. We eat rice with

it. After dinner I go on the computer and we drink our drinks. And I hug my Mom. And that's it. ?Briannah Selover

I helped my Dad cook the turkey. We looked in the woods and we shot the turkey. We put it in a pan and then we ripped the legs and the head off. We cooked it in the microwave. And then it was all done, so we invited my Dad's friends. My Thanksgiving was really good. I had thirds. I play outside and ride my bike after dinner. I had fancy clothes with a tie. ?Arian Wolak

We go to my Grandma's for Thanksgiving. All of my cousins and aunts and uncles go. We have bread too. My favorite part is turkey. I eat the most food. I don't eat dessert. After dinner I play outside with my cousins. We swing and run around.

?Ian Gesler

We buy the turkey at the store. We eat it at Grandma and Grampa's house, or at our house or at our cousins house. We cook it in the oven for one hour and 6 minutes. We cook it at 100 degrees. We eat a great dinner and we celebrate. We have mashed potatoes, and lots of turkey. We have ice cream after we have all the turkey. We play with our cousins and sometimes we play in the bedroom with our cousins and use makeup and nail polish. ?Bree Taylor

My Dad puts the turkey in the oven. I help him put it in the oven. We cook it on 48 degrees. My Mom takes it out of the oven. We have stuffing and mashed potatoes with it. I like to go to my Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. We play games with my cousin Sarah. We spend most of the day at Grandma's house. ?Jamie Debrincat

We have lots of food. We usually have dinner at my Grandma's house. She cooks the turkey. She cooks it in the oven for a long time. She makes macaroni with it. We bring doughnuts. I play with my sister. We go home after dinner. My favorite part of dinner is eating the doughnuts. ?Katelynn Harris

We have Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma's house. We bring the turkey, Grandma makes it when we get there. She bakes it in the oven.

She bakes it a little hot. It bakes for an hour. We have whatever she gives us with our turkey. For dessert we have ice cream and pumpkin pie. I play Star Wars with my friend Collin. My favorite part of Thanksgiving is when we go to Grandma's and they are waiting at the door. ?Cody Killian

You get the turkey at the store. You cook the turkey. You cook the turkey a little bit hot, and you cook it for 5 hours. You eat salad and tomatoes and sausage with the turkey. After dinner you have ice cream. Dessert is my favorite part. I have dinner at my house. My Grandma comes over. We have a good day. ?Ciro Rodrigues

We get our turkey from Meijer 3 days before Thanksgiving. We cook it in the oven on 5 degrees for 20 minutes. We have stuffing, rice, and cranberries. Sampson, Duncan and Delilah eat the leftovers. Som*etimes we go to my Grandma's house and bring our dogs. We eat ice cream after dinner. After that we talk about the good days. ?B> Regan Gareau

I think they get the turkey from a store. We put stuffing in it before we cook it. You cook the cranberries, black olives, mashed potatoes, and corn with it. You cook it for 22 hours in a warm oven. We eat dinner at the table. It takes a long time to eat dinner. I watch TV after eating dinner. We have lots of people over, grandmas, uncles, aunts, cousins, si*sters and brothers. Cranberries are my favorite part. ?Danielle Thieleman

Mom buys the turkey at Meijer. She has to take it out of the package before she cooks it. She cooks it in the oven for 20 hours. We have turkey, corn and peas and that's all we have for dinner. For dessert we have chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream. After dinner me and my mom and my brother Richard get to watch a movie. My favorite part is when I go to bed and my mom tucks me in. ?Madison Stump

We have all kinds of vegetables. My favorite thing is potatoes. We have celebrations, we cook special stuff at our house. We cook a special bread. Diwali is the festival of light. We do fireworks. There was a loud one. ?Srinidhi Sridhar

We go into the forest and hunt a turkey. We rip the feathers off and then we can put it in the oven. We cook it up to 20 degrees for 20 minutes. I don't really eat turkey, my Mom and Dad eat it. I eat mac and cheese or sandwiches instead. We eat a cake or cookies for dessert.

Or I can pick out of my candy bags. My grandma, grampa, aunt, cousin and my little cousin come over. 4 more grandmas come over. After dessert we play games and stuff with my cousins. My favorite part is jumping in the leaves. ?Nicholas Panoff

We get our turkey in the weeds in the forest. We cut it up before we cook it. We put it in the oven on 9 degrees. We have to cook it for 10 hours. We eat cranberries and bread with dinner. We have pie and candy for dessert. We play outside after dinner. My favorite part about Thanksgiving is eating rolls and bread. ?Chloe Grimes

My mom gets the turkey at Wal-Mart. My mom cooks it in the oven really hot for a really long time. We don't eat anything else with our turkey. We have strawberry ice cream for dessert. My grandma comes over too. After dinner I jump around with my sister. We have fun. My favorite part is when we eat the turkey! ?Jenna Elder

My mom buys the turkey at Wal-Mart or Meijer. She puts it in the sink with water when it's in the pack. She cooks it for a long time in the stove. Maybe an hour or two. She cooks it on medium. She puts salt and pepper on it. The pepper looks like spices. We have gravy, carrots, potatoes, and bread. We have all kinds of ice cream for dessert. After dinner we watch TV. I like that my aunts and uncles and cousins come over on Thanksgiving. ?Katelyn Barton
Joan Pearson's first grader class, West End Elementary


First you oil it. Then you put it on a little thing whatever that thing is called. Then you put it in the oven. You cook it like I think 20 hours. When the cooking timer goes off it is done. We like to eat it with little deviled eggs and stuffing. Stuffing is one of my favorites. That's it.

Keeli


You put it in a pan. You put it on a stove. You keep it on the stove for 50 minutes. We eat it. We go to my grandpa's and have turkey. After we are done eating turkey at my grandpa's we get to have a treat. It's apple pie. That's all I know.

Kadee


You put the turkey in a frying pan. You cook it for about 20 minutes. Then you check it to see if it is done. Then if it is done you can take it out and let it warm up and then you can eat it. We eat turkey with candy, any kind. Well, we like to eat pizza with it, too. That's pretty much it.

Shane


To cook a turkey, first you oil it. Then you like put out those things that you stick in it. They like, well, I don't know what it does. You put it in the oven for 20 minutes from 15. I haven't cooked a turkey in a long time. Then I like to cook it again for four minutes or four seconds or something. You like, cut it. We like potatoes, broccoli and squash with it. For dessert we like muffins and cake and stuff. I like it!

Maggie


You get a turkey in the woods. You shoot it. You get a pot and you start the grill. You keep it on for like a couple of hours. The turkey is cooked because it is dead. When you are done with it, you eat it. You can like make it into turkey pie or turkey pizza. You can make it into turkey juice and you can make it into turkey bread.

Samantha


My grandpa cooks it. He first cleans it out. Then he takes all the feathers out. You're supposed to take the feathers out while it's still warm because they come out easily. Then he cooks it. He puts it in the oven. I think he cooks it for 1 hour. Then when it's done we eat it. We might serve a cake because my grandpa's birthday is close to it. His birthday is in November but before Thanksgiving.

Hunter


We sometimes get our turkey at the store. Then they cook it. We cook it at home in the stove. We cook it for 20 seconds. Then we take it out and eat it. Sometimes we have pumpkin pie, cookies, and Rice Krispie bars with it.

Taylor


First you put it in the oven and then wait until it's done. Probably the timer will ding when it is done. It probably has to cook an hour. Then when it's done you can cut it up. Then you set the table up and then you eat it. We like it with mashed potatoes.

Carson


I think that you put it in the oven on the rack. Then you put the timer on for 20 minutes. Then I think you take it out when the timer rings. You check to see if it is done. If it's done then you eat it. We serve the turkey with stuffing and corn. For dessert we serve pumpkin pie and we serve apple pie and other Thanksgiving treats.

Avery


We get our turkey at the store and put it in the oven. We put water on the pan. We cook it for 10 minutes. We know it's ready to eat if my daddy takes it out. We eat it with pumpkin pie and drink pop.

Calan


You get a turkey at the store. You cut it. We sometimes just cut off the meat and stuff. Put it in the oven. You probably cook it for 12 minutes on 70. Then we eat it. We it with potatoes and carrots. That's all.

Edward


I don't know. Put it in a pan. Cook it in or out of the stove. Cook it for five minutes. Check the timer. If it's not done you could put it back in. If it is done we eat it. That's it.

Calvin


I don't know how to cook a turkey. Find the skin and then put it in the oven. Then cook it for 40 seconds. I don't really know. Take it out of the oven and then you eat it. We serve it with food.

William


Put it in a pan or something. Put it in the oven. Let it bake for 15 minutes, take it out and let it sit for awhile and then you eat it. We always eat turkey stuffing, green bean casserole and mashed potatoes.

Annalise


You take it out of the package and then you put it in the oven. Let it sit for an hour and then you take it out. Then you eat it. We eat turkey with a fork and a napkin.

Hannah


You put it in the oven. You cook it about 1 hour. The oven should be at two degrees. When it's done, take it out. Cut it up and put it on a plate. Then we eat it.

Davion


I don't exactly know how to cook a turkey. You get meat at the grocery store. You go home and put butter on it and you put it into the oven. Then you put vegetables around it and put some mushed carrots on the top of the vegetables. Cook it about two minutes.

Unity


We get the turkey from a store. When we get home, we put it in the microwave and we cook it. You cook it for six. It is done when it dings. It goes to zero. We take it to grandma's house and then we eat it.

Annabel


I've never cooked a turkey before. Put it in the oven. It has to cook for six. Then it beeps. Take them out. Cut it. Eat it! We eat it with chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans.

Logan


You shoot it. Get the meat out. You put it in an oven for 10 seconds. You can play for a little while and then you eat it. We have chicken with it and green beans.

Armando


I've never really watched my mom do it. I think she puts it in the oven and puts it on a pan. She puts stuffing in it and that's all. She lets it cook 15 minutes. We have peas and mashed potatoes and that's all.

Sage It happens. You waited too long to start thawing your turkey and time is running out. A 10-pound bird takes about two days to thaw in the fridge.

Don't panic. Maribel Alomso at the USDA's Meat and Poultry Hotline says you can thaw that turkey in your sink. Just cover it with cold water

"And you change the water every half hour," she said. "It's going to take about 30 per pound to thaw."

You can cook a partially thawed turkey, but it will take a lot longer.

Cook your turkey until the internal temperature hits 165 degrees. You want to check 3 places -- the thickest part of the breast and the inner-most part of the thigh and wings.

So what about cooking a stuffed turkey?

"Well, we don't recommend you do it," Alomso said. "For optimum safety it's better to cook it in a casserole or on the side."

If you do decide to stuff the bird, stuff it loosely and make sure the center of the stuffing reaches 165 degrees.

By the way, the Meat and Poultry Hotline is open Thanksgiving Day until 11:00 am. Just call: 1-888-674-6854.

And if you end up with stained clothes or tablecloths after the meal, check


We put it on the grill. Then you turn on the stove and then you put pepper on it. You keep it in the oven for 16 hours. Then you take it out of the stove and then you cut it up and then you eat it. Some people put hot pepper on it with a little bit of sauce on it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home